Discover Perlubie Landing And The Beautiful Eyre Peninsula
Perlubie Beach is one of the most stunning beaches in Australia...we may be biased!!!! Walking, swimming, canoeing, kite surfing & fishing are the most popular activities, whilst surfing is just around the corner at St Mary's, the Granites or Sceale Bay. The gorgeous fishing town of Streaky Bay is less than a 15 minute drive & we are happy to arrange for you to visit for shopping or meals at the trendy Bay Funktion café or the terrific Streaky Bay Hotel. The area is home to many oyster farms (Streaky Bay, Perlubie, Haslam & Smoky Bay) so try visiting a farm with the chance to "shuck & suck" oysters while you're there! Driving around the local area reveals the stunning coastline & wildlife, with Baird Bay less than an hour's drive east from Perlubie Landing offering the thrill of swimming with the sea lions and dolphins. The exhilarating experience of a close up encounter with the Southern Right Whales at Fowlers Bay is 2-3 hours' drive west of Perlubie. The whales use this area to birth their young from July to October each year.
On your way to and from us you might also like:
- the coastal city and tuna fishing hub of Port Lincoln, where you can experience a cage dive with the famous Great White Sharks in the open sea, or swim with the Tuna (a smaller nibble than the sharks!)
- at stunning Coffin Bay you can experience a working oyster farm & enjoy the product as well! Visit Pure Coffin Bay Oysters for all the details.
- the Gawler Ranges National Park, with its spectacular sights and "glam" camping experience - the Kangaluna Camp.
- Whyalla, where you can actually swim with the majestic cuttle fish (yes, that's right and no nibbling there).
- the famed Flinders Ranges with a host of walks, camping or luxury accommodation as you wish.
The best thing to do is refer to the local Streaky Bay website at www.streakybay.com.au which has all the details.